The Beachside Cross Country carnival was held at Karkarook Park in Moorabbin on Monday 23rd May. Mentone Girls' Secondary College had 58 competitors on the day and a staggering 34 students will go on to compete in the Regionals at Ballam Park, Frankston, on Thursday 23rd June. Incredibly, Mentone won the 12-13, 14, 15 and 16 age groups team competition; the overall girls group aggregate, and the overall grand total.
The students representing Mentone at the Regionals are;
- 12-13 age group - Sophie B (11.18min), Holly T, Mia T, Sienna L, Angel C, Ella O and Paige P.
- 14 age group - Millie B (11.03min), Kisarna B, Maddie A, Violet A, Teiki W, Daisy W, Uma M-M and Eva B.
- 15 age group - Hannah E (11.59min), Taylah T, Delaney R, Neve O, Grace H and Jas H.
- 16 age group - Emily M (11.38min), Emilie T, Sarah M, Tash B, Ebony A, Katie M and Alex B.
- 17-20 age group - Maddie C (12.27min), Jaz G, Marley B, Sasha L, Tessa G and Olivia R.
Congratulations to all competitors for representing MGSC this year. A big thank you to Mrs Mathews, Mr Paul and Ms Richards for helping out. There will be running sessions on Tuesday & Thursday mornings from 7.45am in the gym for all students. Go Mentone!
Welcome to MGSC Sports. On this page you will find up to date results on all competitions within the sport and dance programs, as well as advertisements and student recognition segments.