The 2017 MGSC annual Cross Country carnival was held on Tuesday 2nd of May. The oval was filled with excitement as Year 7-9 students competed in their age group events during Period 3 and the Year 10-12s at lunchtime. Many of the students participated in the cross country by running the full distance or just walking and earning points for their Houses. The course was about 2.3km long which was one big lap around Balcombe Rd, Charman Rd, Marina Av and Beach Rd.
Congratulations to all age group champions;
- Under 12/13 - Lucy B - 11.06 minutes
- Under 14 - Holly T - 10.34 minutes
- Under 15 - Millie B - 9.35 minutes (this is fastest time at the MGSC carnival in the last 5 years)
- Under 16 - Taylah T- 11.33 minutes
- Under 17 - Emily M- 10.15 minutes
- Under 18 and Open - Olivia R- 11.17 minutes
The overall House champion for this year's XC carnival was; in 4th place was Mackellar, in 3rd was Melba, in 2nd place was Kenny, and yet again in 1st place was Jackson. Congratulations Jackson House. The top 15 students from each age group will be competing at the Beachside carnival on May 22nd at Karkarook Park. Go Mentone!
Written by Acelya Ozcoban - Junior Kenny House Captain
Welcome to MGSC Sports. On this page you will find up to date results on all competitions within the sport and dance programs, as well as advertisements and student recognition segments.